viernes, 25 de enero de 2013

TRYING TO LEARN


So I'm constantly being asked about the way I do things, whether it is traditional art (pencils, watercolors, etc) or photography. I sincerely believe there is a fine line between asking for help and trying to emulate someone's work. Don't get me wrong, it is very flattering but for someone like me who barely has a style of her own and only recently started to put my work out there is a risky point; someone's basically asking me to tell them how to put my personal style in their work. I mean, today you can find a decent amount of information for almost every question there is; here are tons of tutorials you can read and many resources related to photography and post-production that my knowledge is short compared to people out there mastering all of the things I'm still learning to do. It is hard, it really is, but I had to do it for many years and I don't understand why people are reluctant to do so and that's what irks me at certain point. The level of committment is not the same and that's okay, I understand, but I will not be able to teach someone to do something in less than an hour and I cannot stop to teach someone for months about something because I also have some things to learn and do too!

In any case, my post-processing is not hard, I just manipulate the curves and selective color. It's not hard, it's nothing out of this world. I choose my colors according to moods I want to portray within the picture and often try to be as harmonious as I can when picking these colors, but other than that, there's no big trick, there's no secret. It all depends on what I find aesthetic and what not.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario