domingo, 3 de febrero de 2013

HAVING SOME LESSONS












On Friday I had a photoshoot with two girls as you can see. It was the first time I had clients that were completely strangers to me. I was very nervous, very anxious, and I wasn't feeling very well that day due to sickness. I was blocked at some point but I'm satisfied with some of the images. The girls had some posing ideas so I mostly followed them. We shot indoors too but I actually didn't like those shots because I still don't have the adequate lightning equipment to support the one I already have. Also the light conditions inside were limited and I forgot to bring my tripod with me so I didn't have valuable shots there. I'm still having focusing problems with my f/1.8 and I think the major issue is that I need to get my glasses. I can't see anything through the viewfinder and at times it's impossible to know if everything is in focus or not (yes I've tried changing the +/- thing that's there on the side of the viewfinder).

Thanks to this new experience I realized that the best idea when having new clients is to get together and talk first or at least exchange some e-mails before getting together. Getting to know my clients will probably help me to be more open and loose when getting to the photoshoot day. It'll make it a better experience for all of us I think, so I guess I'll start doing that. Another realization was that I probably shouldn't rush over things, I tend to shoot photos very fast without thinking and I think I'm still not that skilled to do something like that, I should be more analytic with the photos I take. The thing is, when shooting someone I know I feel comfortable enough to take my time but when I shoot a stranger I feel like I should do things efficiently and for some reason I feel that people will feel uncomfortable if I take to long or something, but I should probably explain them that if I take my time it's because I want to get the best shots I can.

Whether my clients feel satisfied or not, I think the most important part for me as an aspiring photographer was that I learned a few lessons. Obviously if they don't feel happy I'll be extremely ashamed and frustrated because of a failure but the brightside is that not everything will be negative, as I said, I learned a few things about all this. Now I need to apply what I learned in this experience and make the next time better for me and for my clients.

Like my Facebook Page

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario